You can visit most of our sites without providing any personal information. When personal information is requested, we adhere to the following privacy principles regarding how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information.
- Information Collection. When you submit information for registration for an event or activity, we use this information to send you reminders and details for that event, and future events. You may opt-out of our email list at any time. When you submit your contact information to be contacted by the site administrator or a Stake Rep, we will use your information to contact you back.
- Use of Personal Information. We may use the personal information you provide to (a) allow us to contact you, (b) fulfill requests you make, (c) seek your voluntary feedback on website features or content, or (d) help fulfill our mission.
We may also use your personal information for internal purposes, including auditing, data analysis, system troubleshooting, and research.
In addition, we may use both the personal information you provided and the information your web browser sends (see section 10 below) in order to detect users who appear to be causing harm to our sites or in order to personalize users’ experiences on our sites.
From time to time, we may also make you aware of options to opt out of using or opt in to use certain features.
- Third-Party Data. Where local law permits, you may submit personal information, including contact information about someone other than yourself (in other words, a third party) to allow us to make contact with that person, make a delivery, or otherwise meet your request. The information collected will be used solely to facilitate your request. When providing personal information about anyone other than yourself, you must first obtain the other person’s informed consent if his or her consent is legally required.
If you or someone else has provided us with your personal contact information and you would like to request that we do not contact you further, please follow the unsubscribe or opt-out procedures provided on the specific site, newsletter, e-mail notification, or the like.
- Passive Data Collection: Tracking Technologies, Cookies, and Clear GIFs. When you visit any of our sites, our servers or filtering systems may collect information that your web browser sends any time you visit a website. This information may include but is not limited to your browser type, your operating system, your language preference, any referring web page you were visiting before you came to our site, the date and time of each visitor request, and information you search for on our sites.
We collect this information to better understand how you use and interact with our sites in order to improve your experience.
You can change your web browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use some sections or functions of our sites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. This site is meant to be child-friendly. We strongly recommend that minors under the age of 18 ask their parents for permission before sending any personal information to anyone over the Internet, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet use practices.
We may also collect information your Internet device or web browser sends whenever you visit one of our sites, including an Internet Protocol address.